Monday, May 22, 2006

MY POEMS: MANAV- AAJ KA



Yesterday I was the turning the pages of the one of the best sellers “The World is flat” by Thomas L. Friedman. As the subtitle run: “A Brief History of 21st Century” in terms of business and Globalization and technological advances. The businesses are growing such that the distance doesn't matter now. Global Village is the buzz word now.

I was just wondering in between that if some one writes about the World from 20 years from now then why not any one is writing about the changes in Human being in 21st  century and the years ahead. World is flat now but has this also flattened the distances in the relationship. How much close people are now a days as compared to the earlier days? The World may have flattened but the distances in relationship has widened. Self centeredness is the way of life now a day. Mine is the nuclear family. I liked that but somewhere in the depth of my heart I always yearned to be surrounded with my cousins. I was really envious of my neighbour having so many cousins living together and enjoying the gala time.

One reason I find the K-serials attracting, is the way they present Indian Family. All living together under one roof and still having their own identifies, their own independent life and independent decision making abilities. May be that is the reason for the grand success of these Ekta Kapoor serials coz some where in the depth of our heart we all want to be like that and we place ourselves in their place while watching those serials. They fill the gap that is lacking in our life. But yes! no changes in real life.

The world is moving fasts and so is the human. Having no time for any relation any emotion. He is unable to realize the fact that the more civilized he is trying to become, savageness is being instilled at the same time in their nerves making him reckless. And may be at the end of the day, when this speed will stop, he will have nothing in his hands. The Water of Beautiful life given by God in his palms may have leaked out and he will be left with empty hands…….

मानव आज का 

दौडता शहर
भागते लोग
सूखती संवेदना
मिटती मानवता
सिमटी दुनिया जितनी
सिमटा उससे
कही अधिक मानव  .....

रिश्तों को तोड़ कर
स्वार्थी बन कर
अतृप्त सी
मृगमरीचिका सी
अभिलाषाओं के पीछे
दौडता हुआ मानव  ........
और अधिक
सभ्य बनने की चाह में
बनता गया दानव
आज का हर एक मानव



I wish the World becomes a village as they term it ,not only in business sense but in personal relations also and people again start valuing the relationships in their life and start caring for the others also.I wish that the world becomes so flat that the distances between the rooms of the brothers and the distances between the human beings is zeroed.

No comments: